Lever Seated Leg Curl
This exercise involves sitting on a machine with a lever attached to a weight stack. The user places their legs under a padded bar and curls their legs towards their buttocks by pulling the lever towards their body. This exercise primarily targets the hamstrings.
Lever Seated Leg Curl Instructions
- Adjust the machine to fit your body by adjusting the seat and the lever arm.
- Sit on the machine with your back against the backrest and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Place your ankles under the padded lever arm and adjust the pad so that it rests just above your ankles.
- Grasp the handles on the side of the machine for support.
- Bend your knees and curl your legs towards your buttocks, keeping your thighs and hips firmly against the backrest.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lever Seated Leg Curl Form & Visual
Lever Seated Leg Curl Benefits
- Targets the hamstrings, which are important for knee stability and overall lower body strength
- Isolates the hamstrings, allowing for a more focused and effective workout
- Can be adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
- Helps improve flexibility and range of motion in the hamstrings
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or at the gym
Lever Seated Leg Curl Muscles Worked
Lever Seated Leg Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Leg Curl
- Lying Leg Curl
- Prone Leg Curl
- Seated Leg Curl
- Single Leg Curl