Rocking Frog Stretch
The Rocking Frog Stretch is a yoga pose that involves sitting on the floor with the soles of your feet touching and your knees bent. You then lean forward and rock back and forth, stretching your hips and lower back. This exercise can help improve flexibility and relieve tension in the lower body.
Rocking Frog Stretch Instructions
- Start in a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the ground.
- Bring your knees out wide and bring your big toes together to touch.
- Sit back onto your heels and reach your arms out in front of you.
- Slowly rock forward onto your hands and lift your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Hold for a few seconds and then rock back onto your heels.
- Repeat this rocking motion for 10-15 repetitions.
Rocking Frog Stretch Form & Visual
Rocking Frog Stretch Benefits
- Stretches the hip flexors and quadriceps
- Improves flexibility in the lower body
- Helps to alleviate lower back pain
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
Rocking Frog Stretch Muscles Worked
- Hip flexors
- Lower back
Rocking Frog Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Rocking Frog Stretch with a Twist
- Rocking Frog Stretch with Arm Reach
- Rocking Frog Stretch with Leg Extension
- Advanced Rocking Frog Stretch with Arm and Leg Extension