Pavanamuktasana Yoga Pose
Pavanamuktasana Yoga Pose Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms by your sides and your legs extended.
- Bend your right knee and bring it towards your chest.
- Interlace your fingers around your right shin and gently pull your knee closer to your chest.
- Hold the pose for a few breaths, feeling the stretch in your lower back and hip.
- Release your right leg and repeat the same steps with your left leg.
- Once you have completed both legs, bring both knees towards your chest and hug them in towards your body.
- Rock gently from side to side to massage your lower back.
- Release the pose and return to lying flat on your back.
Pavanamuktasana Yoga Pose Form & Visual
Pavanamuktasana Yoga Pose Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves flexibility in the spine and hips
- Increases shoulder stability and mobility
- Enhances overall body awareness and control
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Pavanamuktasana Yoga Pose Muscles Worked
- Abdominal muscles
- Lower back muscles
- Hip flexor muscles
- Gluteal muscles
- Thigh muscles
Pavanamuktasana Yoga Pose Variations & Alternatives
- pavanamuktasana variation with one leg extended
- pavanamuktasana variation with both legs extended
- pavanamuktasana variation with arms reaching overhead
- pavanamuktasana variation with a twist
- pavanamuktasana variation with a strap or block