Knee to Chest Stretch
Knee to Chest Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a comfortable surface, such as a yoga mat or carpeted floor.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the ground.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, bring one knee up towards your chest.
- Wrap your hands around your knee and gently pull it towards your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back and glutes.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, breathing deeply and relaxing your body.
- Release the stretch and bring your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the stretch with your other leg.
- Do 2-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions on each leg, or as many as feels comfortable for your body.
Knee to Chest Stretch Form & Visual
Knee to Chest Stretch Benefits
- Helps to stretch and loosen the lower back muscles
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the hips and lower back
- Relieves tension and tightness in the lower back and hips
- Can help alleviate lower back pain and discomfort
- Can be done easily at home or in the office
Knee to Chest Stretch Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
- Lower back muscles