Lying Knee to Chest Stretch
Lying Knee to Chest Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a comfortable surface, such as a yoga mat or carpeted floor.
- Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the ground.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, bring one knee up towards your chest, using your hands to gently pull it in as close as you can comfortably go.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling the stretch in your lower back and hip area.
- Release the leg and repeat on the other side, bringing the opposite knee up towards your chest.
- Repeat the stretch on each side 2-3 times, taking deep breaths and relaxing your body as you hold the stretch.
Lying Knee to Chest Stretch Form & Visual
Lying Knee to Chest Stretch Benefits
- Helps to stretch and loosen tight lower back muscles
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the hips and lower back
- Relieves tension and discomfort in the lower back and hips
- Can help alleviate sciatica pain
- Can be done easily at home without any equipment
Lying Knee to Chest Stretch Muscles Worked
- Lower back