Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and bending forward at the hips while keeping the legs straight. The goal is to engage the hamstrings and glutes while maintaining proper form and avoiding any strain on the lower back.
Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your thighs.
- Keeping your back straight, hinge forward at the hips and lower the dumbbells towards the ground.
- Lower the dumbbells until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings, but be careful not to round your back.
- Pause for a moment, then use your hamstrings and glutes to lift your body back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift Form & Visual
Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift Benefits
- Strengthens the hamstrings, glutes, and lower back muscles
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases hip mobility and flexibility
- Targets the muscles in the posterior chain
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Lower back