Band Straight Leg Deadlift
This exercise involves standing with feet hip-width apart and holding a barbell in front of the body. The individual then hinges at the hips, keeping the legs straight, and lowers the barbell towards the ground before returning to the starting position. This exercise primarily targets the hamstrings and glutes.
Band Straight Leg Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and place a resistance band under the arches of both feet.
- Hold the ends of the band with both hands, palms facing inwards.
- Engage your core and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your knees slightly bent.
- Lower the band towards the ground, keeping your arms straight and your shoulders pulled back.
- Pause at the bottom of the movement, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Band Straight Leg Deadlift Form & Visual
Band Straight Leg Deadlift Benefits
- Strengthens the hamstrings, glutes, and lower back muscles
- Improves hip mobility and stability
- Increases core strength and stability
- Helps to prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
Band Straight Leg Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Lower back