Superman Chest Stretch
This exercise involves standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and interlocking your fingers behind your back. You then lift your arms up and away from your body, stretching your chest and shoulders. It is named after the superhero because it mimics the iconic pose of Superman flying through the air.
Superman Chest Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Bring your arms behind your back and clasp your hands together.
- Slowly lift your arms up and away from your body, keeping them straight.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in your chest and shoulders.
- Release the stretch and repeat as desired.
Superman Chest Stretch Form & Visual
Superman Chest Stretch Benefits
- Improves posture by opening up the chest and shoulders
- Relieves tension and tightness in the chest and upper back muscles
- Increases flexibility and range of motion in the shoulders
- Helps to prevent shoulder and neck injuries
- Can be done anywhere without any equipment
Superman Chest Stretch Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis Major
- Erector Spinae
- Latissimus Dorsi