Revolved Side Angle Pose
This exercise is a yoga pose called revolved side angle pose. It involves twisting the torso while in a lunge position, with one arm reaching towards the ground and the other reaching towards the sky. It is a challenging pose that requires balance, flexibility, and strength.
Revolved Side Angle Pose Instructions
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step your left foot back about 3-4 feet and turn it out at a 45-degree angle.
- Bend your right knee and sink your hips down towards the ground, keeping your knee directly over your ankle.
- Bring your hands to your heart center and twist your torso to the right, placing your left elbow on the outside of your right knee.
- Press your palms together and use your elbow to gently push your knee open, deepening the twist.
- Hold for 5-10 breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
Revolved Side Angle Pose Form & Visual
Revolved Side Angle Pose Benefits
- Stretches and strengthens the legs, hips, spine, and shoulders
- Improves digestion and detoxification
- Increases balance and stability
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Improves focus and concentration
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Improves respiratory function
Revolved Side Angle Pose Muscles Worked
- Spinal Erectors