Revolved Triangle Pose
This exercise is a yoga pose called the revolved triangle pose. It involves standing with one leg forward and the other leg back, twisting the torso and reaching one arm up towards the ceiling while the other hand rests on the ground. It is a challenging pose that requires balance, flexibility, and strength.
Revolved Triangle Pose Instructions
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step your left foot back about 3-4 feet and turn it out at a 45-degree angle.
- Extend your arms out to the sides at shoulder height.
- Bend your right knee and sink your hips down towards the ground.
- As you exhale, twist your torso to the right and bring your left elbow to the outside of your right knee.
- Press your palms together in front of your chest and gaze up towards your right hand.
- Hold for 5-10 breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
Revolved Triangle Pose Form & Visual
Revolved Triangle Pose Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves stability and balance
- Increases shoulder and arm strength
- Enhances overall body control and coordination
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Requires minimal equipment
Revolved Triangle Pose Muscles Worked
- Spinal extensors
Revolved Triangle Pose Variations & Alternatives
- Revolved Triangle Pose with a bind
- Revolved Triangle Pose with a block
- Revolved Triangle Pose with a twist
- Revolved Triangle Pose with a half bind
- Revolved Triangle Pose with a forward fold