Twist Sit Up
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. As you perform a sit-up, you twist your torso to one side and then back to center before lowering back down. This targets the abdominal muscles and obliques.
Twist Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your upper body off the ground, twisting to the right side.
- Lower your upper body back down to the ground and then repeat the movement, twisting to the left side.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Twist Sit Up Form & Visual
Twist Sit Up Benefits
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Engages the oblique muscles for a toned waistline
- Improves posture and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Twist Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Erector spinae
- Quadratus lumborum
Twist Sit Up Variations & Alternatives
- Twist Crunch
- Oblique Twist Crunch
- Russian Twist
- Medicine Ball Twist
- Side Plank Twist