Incline Twisting Situp
Incline Twisting Situp Instructions
- Start by lying on your back on an incline bench with your feet secured under the foot pads.
- Place your hands behind your head with your elbows out to the sides.
- Engage your core and lift your upper body off the bench, twisting your torso to the right as you do so.
- Lower your upper body back down to the bench and then repeat the movement, this time twisting your torso to the left.
- Continue alternating twists for the desired number of repetitions.
- Remember to keep your core engaged throughout the exercise and to exhale as you lift your upper body off the bench.
Incline Twisting Situp Form & Visual
Incline Twisting Situp Benefits
- Targets the abdominal muscles, specifically the rectus abdominis and obliques
- Improves core strength and stability
- Increases flexibility in the spine and hips
- Enhances rotational power and agility
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty level
- Can be done with or without weights
- Can be incorporated into a full body workout or ab-specific routine
Incline Twisting Situp Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Incline Twisting Situp Variations & Alternatives
- Decline Twisting Situp
- Weighted Incline Twisting Situp
- Medicine Ball Incline Twisting Situp
- Side-to-Side Incline Twisting Situp
- Reverse Incline Twisting Situp