Elbow to Knee Sit Up
This exercise involves lying on your back with your hands behind your head and bringing your opposite elbow to your knee while lifting your upper body off the ground. It targets the abdominal muscles and helps improve core strength and stability.
Elbow to Knee Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the ground.
- As you lift, bring your right elbow towards your left knee, while extending your right leg out straight.
- Lower your upper body and leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement, this time bringing your left elbow towards your right knee, while extending your left leg out straight.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Elbow to Knee Sit Up Form & Visual
Elbow to Knee Sit Up Benefits
- Targets the abdominal muscles, specifically the rectus abdominis and obliques
- Improves core strength and stability
- Increases flexibility in the spine and hips
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the number of repetitions or adding weights
- Can be done without equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
Elbow to Knee Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors