Lying Elbow to Knee
Lying Elbow to Knee Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms extended above your head.
- Bend your left knee and bring it towards your chest.
- At the same time, lift your head and shoulders off the ground and bring your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, bringing your left elbow towards your right knee while lifting your head and shoulders off the ground.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Lying Elbow to Knee Form & Visual
Lying Elbow to Knee Benefits
- Strengthens glute muscles
- Improves hip stability
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Can improve posture
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Lying Elbow to Knee Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Lying Elbow to Knee Variations & Alternatives
- lying elbow-to-knee with twist
- standing elbow-to-knee
- seated elbow-to-knee
- plank elbow-to-knee
- side plank elbow-to-knee
- reverse plank elbow-to-knee
- lying bicycle crunches
- standing bicycle crunches
- seated bicycle crunches