Lying Scissor Kick
Lying Scissor Kick Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a mat or comfortable surface.
- Place your hands by your sides, palms facing down.
- Extend your legs straight up towards the ceiling, keeping them together.
- Slowly lower your right leg towards the ground, keeping it straight.
- Stop when your leg is a few inches off the ground, then lift it back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the same movement with your left leg.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Lying Scissor Kick Form & Visual
Lying Scissor Kick Benefits
- Strengthens the lower abdominal muscles
- Improves hip flexibility
- Helps to tone and shape the legs
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Low impact exercise that is easy on the joints
Lying Scissor Kick Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Lying Scissor Kick Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Scissor Kick
- Flutter Kicks
- Leg Raises
- Bicycle Crunches
- Plank Scissor Kicks