This exercise involves lying on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the ground, then lifting your upper body off the ground while bringing your knees towards your chest, resembling a frog's movement. It targets the abdominal muscles and hip flexors.
Frog Sit-up Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended above your head.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet together, placing them flat on the ground.
- Bring your arms forward and reach towards your feet.
- Engage your core and lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the ground.
- At the same time, bring your knees towards your chest and touch your hands to your shins.
- Slowly lower your head, shoulders, and upper back back down to the ground.
- Extend your arms back above your head and straighten your legs.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Frog Sit-up Form & Visual
Frog Sit-up Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the abs, obliques, and lower back
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Engages the hip flexors and quads for a full-body workout
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
Frog Sit-up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Frog Sit-up Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Frog Sit-up
- Weighted Frog Sit-up
- Single Leg Frog Sit-up
- Decline Frog Sit-up
- Medicine Ball Frog Sit-up