This exercise involves lying on your back with your arms and legs extended towards the ceiling, forming a "V" shape with your body. You then lift your upper body towards your legs, engaging your core muscles. This exercise targets the abs and hip flexors.
V Up Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms extended above your head and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your legs and upper body off the ground at the same time, forming a “V” shape with your body.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, making sure to keep your core engaged and your back straight.
- Slowly lower your body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
V Up Form & Visual
V Up Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the lower abs
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Helps to improve posture
V Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
V Up Variations & Alternatives
- V sit-up
- V crunch
- V leg raise
- V twist
- V hold