Elbow to Knee
This exercise involves lying on your back with your hands behind your head and bringing your opposite elbow to your knee while lifting your shoulder off the ground. It targets the abdominal muscles and helps improve core strength and stability.
Elbow to Knee Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms extended above your head.
- Bring your left knee up towards your chest while simultaneously bringing your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, engaging your core muscles.
- Slowly lower your left leg and right arm back down to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, bringing your right knee up towards your chest while bringing your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Elbow to Knee Form & Visual
Elbow to Knee Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Helps to tone the abdominal muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Elbow to Knee Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Elbow to Knee Variations & Alternatives
- Elbow to opposite Knee
- Elbow to same side Knee
- Elbow to alternating Knee (bicycle crunches)
- Elbow to Knee with leg extension
- Elbow to Knee with twist