Lever Seated Crunch
This exercise involves sitting on a lever machine and performing a crunch motion by contracting the abdominal muscles. The resistance is provided by the lever machine, which can be adjusted to increase or decrease the difficulty of the exercise.
Lever Seated Crunch Instructions
- Start by sitting on the edge of a bench or chair with your feet flat on the ground and your hands holding onto the lever handles above your head.
- Engage your core muscles and slowly lean back, keeping your back straight and your arms extended above your head.
- Pause for a moment when you feel a stretch in your abs, then slowly return to the starting position by contracting your abs and pulling yourself back up.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lever Seated Crunch Form & Visual
Lever Seated Crunch Benefits
- Targets the rectus abdominis muscle, which is responsible for creating the “six-pack” appearance
- Allows for a full range of motion, increasing the effectiveness of the exercise
- Provides support for the lower back, reducing the risk of injury
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and abilities
- Can be performed with or without added weight for added resistance
Lever Seated Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Lever Seated Crunch Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Lever Seated Crunch
- Reverse Lever Seated Crunch
- Single Arm Lever Seated Crunch
- Decline Lever Seated Crunch
- Twisting Lever Seated Crunch