Dumbbell Overhead Sit Up
Dumbbell Overhead Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands and extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Engage your core and slowly lift your upper body off the ground, bringing the dumbbell overhead towards your feet.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your upper body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Overhead Sit Up Form & Visual
Dumbbell Overhead Sit Up Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis, obliques, and transverse abdominis
- Improves stability and balance
- Targets the shoulders and triceps
- Increases overall upper body strength
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight of the dumbbell
- Engages multiple muscle groups for a more efficient workout
- Can be done at home or in the gym with minimal equipment
Dumbbell Overhead Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Pectoralis major