Kettlebell Sit Up
This exercise involves lying on your back with a kettlebell held above your chest, then sitting up while keeping the kettlebell stable and lowering back down to the starting position. It primarily targets the abdominal muscles and can also engage the arms and shoulders.
Kettlebell Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold the kettlebell with both hands and extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Engage your core and slowly sit up, bringing the kettlebell with you towards your feet.
- Pause at the top of the movement and then slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Kettlebell Sit Up Form & Visual
Kettlebell Sit Up Benefits
- Targets the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis, obliques, and hip flexors
- Improves overall core strength and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty based on fitness level
- Engages multiple muscle groups at once, leading to a more efficient workout
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
Kettlebell Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
- Erector spinae