Decline Twisting Sit Up
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, then performing a sit-up while twisting your torso to one side and lowering yourself back down on a decline bench. It targets the abdominal muscles and obliques.
Decline Twisting Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your upper body off the ground, twisting to one side as you do so.
- Lower your upper body back down to the ground, then repeat the movement on the other side.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Decline Twisting Sit Up Form & Visual
Decline Twisting Sit Up Benefits
- Improves posture
- Strengthens core muscles
- Reduces back pain
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility
- Improves breathing and lung capacity
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves digestion
- Increases energy levels
- Improves overall body awareness
Decline Twisting Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Hip flexors
Decline Twisting Sit Up Variations & Alternatives
- Decline twisting sit-up with weight
- Decline twisting sit-up with medicine ball
- Decline twisting sit-up with resistance band
- Decline twisting sit-up with stability ball
- Decline twisting sit-up with dumbbells