Lying Hip Flexor Stretch
Lying Hip Flexor Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Bring your right knee towards your chest and hold onto your shin with both hands.
- Slowly straighten your left leg along the ground.
- Keeping your right knee close to your chest, use your left hand to gently press your right knee towards your left shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, then release and switch sides.
Lying Hip Flexor Stretch Form & Visual
Lying Hip Flexor Stretch Benefits
- Improves hip flexibility and mobility
- Reduces lower back pain and tension
- Stretches the hip flexor muscles, which can become tight from prolonged sitting or standing
- Helps to improve posture and alignment
- May improve athletic performance by increasing range of motion in the hips
Lying Hip Flexor Stretch Muscles Worked
- Rectus femoris