Full Lotus Yoga Pose
A yoga pose where the legs are crossed and the feet are placed on top of the opposite thighs, with the hands resting on the knees or in a mudra position. This pose is known for its ability to increase flexibility and promote relaxation.
Full Lotus Yoga Pose Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and place your right foot on top of your left thigh, as close to your hip as possible.
- Bend your left knee and place your left foot on top of your right thigh, as close to your hip as possible.
- Place your hands on your knees and sit up tall, lengthening your spine.
- Breathe deeply and hold the pose for several breaths.
- To release the pose, gently straighten your legs and come back to a seated position.
Full Lotus Yoga Pose Form & Visual
Full Lotus Yoga Pose Benefits
- Increases flexibility in the hips, knees, and ankles
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves posture and alignment
- Calms the mind and reduces stress
- Stimulates the digestive and reproductive systems
- Enhances overall physical and mental well-being
Full Lotus Yoga Pose Muscles Worked
- Hip flexors
- Lower back muscles
Full Lotus Yoga Pose Variations & Alternatives
- Half Lotus Yoga Pose
- Bound Lotus Yoga Pose
- Lotus Headstand Yoga Pose
- Lotus Forward Bend Yoga Pose
- Revolved Lotus Yoga Pose