This exercise involves lifting a kettlebell from the ground using a deadlift motion, which primarily targets the muscles in the legs and lower back. It is a great exercise for building overall strength and improving posture.
Kettlebell Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place the kettlebell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend your knees and hinge at the hips to reach down and grab the kettlebell with both hands.
- Engage your core and lift the kettlebell up by straightening your legs and standing up straight.
- Hold the kettlebell at hip level for a moment, then slowly lower it back down to the ground by bending your knees and hinging at the hips.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Kettlebell Deadlift Form & Visual
Kettlebell Deadlift Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps
- Improves grip strength and overall core stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to improve posture and reduce the risk of lower back pain
- Increases overall power and explosiveness
Kettlebell Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Lower back