This exercise involves swinging a kettlebell between the legs and up to shoulder height, using the momentum generated by the hips and legs. It primarily targets the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back, while also engaging the core and shoulders.
Kettlebell Swing Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place the kettlebell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge at the hips to grab the kettlebell with both hands.
- Engage your core and swing the kettlebell back between your legs.
- Drive your hips forward and swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height, keeping your arms straight.
- Allow the kettlebell to swing back down between your legs and repeat for desired number of reps.
- When finished, gently place the kettlebell back on the ground in front of you.
Kettlebell Swing Form & Visual
Kettlebell Swing Benefits
- Full body workout
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Increases strength and power in the hips, glutes, and core
- Improves posture and balance
- Low impact exercise
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Burns a high number of calories
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Kettlebell Swing Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
- Back muscles