Kettlebell Snatch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and the kettlebell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend down and grab the kettlebell with one hand, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Stand up quickly, using the momentum to swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
- As the kettlebell reaches shoulder height, rotate your wrist and punch your hand up towards the ceiling, allowing the kettlebell to flip over and land on the back of your wrist.
- Lower the kettlebell back down to shoulder height and then swing it back down between your legs, bending your knees slightly as you do so.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of reps before switching to the other hand.
Kettlebell Snatch Form & Visual
Kettlebell Snatch Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps
- Improves core stability and balance
- Increases grip strength and forearm muscles
- Helps to prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Kettlebell Snatch Muscles Worked
Kettlebell Snatch Variations & Alternatives
- kettlebell clean and press
- kettlebell swing
- kettlebell high pull
- kettlebell snatch and press
- kettlebell windmill