Dumbbell One Arm Snatch
This exercise involves lifting a dumbbell from the ground to overhead in one fluid motion using one arm. It primarily targets the shoulders, back, and legs while also engaging the core. It can be performed with various weights and repetitions to increase strength and endurance.
Dumbbell One Arm Snatch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in one hand with an overhand grip.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- As you stand up, pull the dumbbell up towards your shoulder in a fluid motion, keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Once the dumbbell reaches shoulder height, flip your wrist and press the weight overhead, fully extending your arm.
- Lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch sides and repeat with the other arm.
Dumbbell One Arm Snatch Form & Visual
Dumbbell One Arm Snatch Benefits
- Improves overall strength and power
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the shoulders, back, legs, and core
- Improves coordination and balance
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
Dumbbell One Arm Snatch Muscles Worked
- Shoulders (deltoids)
- Back (latissimus dorsi)
- Legs (quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes)
- Core (abdominals, obliques)
- Forearms (brachioradialis)
Dumbbell One Arm Snatch Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell One Arm Clean and Press
- Dumbbell One Arm Swing
- Dumbbell One Arm Row
- Dumbbell One Arm Overhead Squat
- Dumbbell One Arm Deadlift