Dumbbell High Pull
This exercise involves using dumbbells to perform a high pull movement, which targets the shoulders, upper back, and arms. The athlete starts in a standing position with the dumbbells at their sides, then lifts them up towards their shoulders while keeping their elbows high and close to their body. The movement is repeated for several reps.
Dumbbell High Pull Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- As you exhale, pull the dumbbells up towards your shoulders, keeping your elbows high and your wrists straight.
- Pause at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell High Pull Form & Visual
Dumbbell High Pull Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the shoulders, back, and arms
- Improves upper body strength and power
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Improves posture and stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Dumbbell High Pull Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Dumbbell High Pull Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Hang High Pull
- Dumbbell Clean High Pull
- Dumbbell Snatch High Pull
- Kettlebell High Pull
- Barbell High Pull