Barbell Clean High Pull
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from the ground to the shoulders in a quick and explosive motion, using the hips and legs to generate power. The movement is similar to a deadlift, but with a more upright posture and a focus on pulling the barbell up towards the chin.
Barbell Clean High Pull Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and the barbell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend down and grip the barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your back straight, lift the barbell off the ground and bring it up to your thighs.
- Next, explosively pull the barbell up towards your chest, keeping your elbows high and your shoulders back.
- As the barbell reaches chest height, quickly drop your elbows and pull the barbell up towards your chin, keeping it close to your body.
- Lower the barbell back down to your thighs and repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Clean High Pull Form & Visual
Barbell Clean High Pull Benefits
- Develops explosive power in the hips, glutes, and upper body
- Improves overall strength and muscle mass in the back, shoulders, and arms
- Increases grip strength and forearm endurance
- Enhances athletic performance in sports that require explosive movements, such as basketball, football, and track and field
- Improves posture and core stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Barbell Clean High Pull Muscles Worked