Kettlebell Box Squat
This exercise involves holding a kettlebell in front of your chest while performing a squat with your feet on a box or bench. It targets the lower body muscles, including the glutes, quads, and hamstrings, while also engaging the core and upper body.
Kettlebell Box Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Hold the kettlebell with both hands and place it on the floor in front of you.
- Squat down and grab the kettlebell with both hands, keeping your back straight and your chest up.
- Stand up, lifting the kettlebell with you, and hold it at chest height.
- Step back with one foot and place it on a box or bench behind you.
- Squat down, keeping your weight on your heels and your chest up, until your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Push through your heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions, then switch legs and repeat.
Kettlebell Box Squat Form & Visual
Kettlebell Box Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quads, glutes, hamstrings, and core
- Improves lower body strength and power
- Increases hip mobility and flexibility
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Provides a cardiovascular workout
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
Kettlebell Box Squat Muscles Worked