This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, then lifting your hips up towards the ceiling while keeping your shoulders and feet on the ground. It primarily targets the glutes and hamstrings, while also engaging the core and lower back muscles.
Shoulder Bridge Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your arms by your sides with your palms facing down.
- Engage your core and lift your hips up towards the ceiling, creating a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your hips back down to the ground.
- Repeat for several repetitions, making sure to keep your core engaged and your hips lifted throughout the exercise.
Shoulder Bridge Form & Visual
Shoulder Bridge Benefits
- Strengthens oblique muscles
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Reduces risk of lower back pain
- Targets love handles and muffin top areas
Shoulder Bridge Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Shoulder Bridge Variations & Alternatives
- Shoulder bridge with leg lift
- Single leg shoulder bridge
- Shoulder bridge with chest press
- Shoulder bridge with tricep extension
- Shoulder bridge with hip abduction