Dumbbell Glute Bridge
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, while holding a dumbbell on your hips. You then lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top, before lowering back down to the starting position. This exercise targets the glutes and can be made more challenging by increasing the weight of the dumbbell.
Dumbbell Glute Bridge Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, resting them on your hips.
- Engage your glutes and lift your hips off the ground until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower your hips back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Glute Bridge Form & Visual
Dumbbell Glute Bridge Benefits
- Strengthens the glutes and hamstrings
- Improves hip mobility and stability
- Helps to prevent lower back pain
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
Dumbbell Glute Bridge Muscles Worked
- Lower back