Heel Glute Bridge
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. From this position, you lift your hips up towards the ceiling while keeping your weight on your heels and squeezing your glutes. This movement targets the muscles in your lower body, particularly your glutes and hamstrings.
Heel Glute Bridge Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your heels close to your glutes, with your toes pointing forward.
- Engage your glutes and lift your hips off the ground, pushing through your heels.
- Hold for a few seconds at the top, squeezing your glutes.
- Lower your hips back down to the ground, but don’t let them touch the ground completely.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Heel Glute Bridge Form & Visual
Heel Glute Bridge Benefits
- Improves balance and coordination
- Strengthens the muscles in the legs and core
- Increases proprioception (awareness of body position and movement)
- Can be used as a rehabilitation exercise for ankle or foot injuries
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Heel Glute Bridge Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Heel Glute Bridge Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg heel-glute-bridge
- Weighted heel-glute-bridge
- Band-resisted heel-glute-bridge
- Heel-glute-bridge with pulse at the top
- Heel-glute-bridge with abduction at the top