Glute Bridge March
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. You then lift your hips up into a bridge position and alternate lifting one foot off the ground while keeping your hips level. This exercise targets the glutes and core muscles.
Glute Bridge March Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your hips up towards the ceiling, creating a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Lift one foot off the ground, bringing your knee towards your chest while keeping your hips level.
- Lower your foot back down to the ground and repeat on the other side.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
- Lower your hips back down to the ground to complete the exercise.
Glute Bridge March Form & Visual
Glute Bridge March Benefits
- Strengthens the glutes, hamstrings, and core muscles
- Improves hip mobility and stability
- Helps alleviate lower back pain by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in the gym
Glute Bridge March Muscles Worked
- Gluteus Maximus
- Core muscles
Glute Bridge March Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Glute Bridge March
- Weighted Glute Bridge March
- Resistance Band Glute Bridge March
- Glute Bridge March with Knee Drive
- Glute Bridge March with Dumbbell Press