Leg Up Hamstring Stretch
This exercise involves lying on your back and lifting one leg up while keeping it straight. You then use a towel or strap to gently pull the leg towards your body, stretching the hamstring muscle. This helps improve flexibility and can alleviate tightness or discomfort in the back of the leg.
Leg Up Hamstring Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Lift one leg up towards the ceiling, keeping it as straight as possible.
- Place your hands behind your thigh and gently pull your leg towards your chest.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling the stretch in your hamstring.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other leg.
Leg Up Hamstring Stretch Form & Visual
Leg Up Hamstring Stretch Benefits
- Strengthens leg muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Engages core muscles
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Leg Up Hamstring Stretch Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Leg Up Hamstring Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Leg up hamstring stretch
- Seated hamstring stretch
- Standing hamstring stretch
- Single leg hamstring stretch
- Forward fold with leg variation