Front Hamstring Stretch
This exercise involves stretching the muscles at the front of the thigh and the back of the leg. It is done by standing with one foot in front of the other and bending the front knee while keeping the back leg straight and leaning forward. The stretch is held for a few seconds before switching legs.
Front Hamstring Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Step forward with your right foot, keeping your heel on the ground.
- Extend your left leg behind you, keeping it straight.
- Place your hands on your hips and keep your back straight.
- Slowly lean forward from your hips, keeping your back straight and your head up.
- Stop when you feel a stretch in the back of your left leg.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other side.
Front Hamstring Stretch Form & Visual
Front Hamstring Stretch Benefits
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the hamstrings
- Reduces the risk of injury in the hamstrings and lower back
- Relieves tension and tightness in the hamstrings
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Improves posture and balance
Front Hamstring Stretch Muscles Worked