Kettlebell Double Snatch
This exercise involves using a kettlebell to perform a double snatch movement, which involves lifting the kettlebell from the ground to overhead in one fluid motion using both arms. It is a full-body exercise that targets the shoulders, back, legs, and core.
Kettlebell Double Snatch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a kettlebell in each hand at your sides.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Swing the kettlebells back between your legs, then explosively drive your hips forward and use the momentum to lift the kettlebells up to shoulder height.
- As the kettlebells reach shoulder height, rotate your wrists and press them overhead, locking out your arms at the top of the movement.
- Lower the kettlebells back down to shoulder height, then swing them back between your legs and repeat the movement for the desired number of reps.
- Remember to keep your core engaged throughout the exercise and to use your hips to generate power, rather than relying on your arms.
Kettlebell Double Snatch Form & Visual
Kettlebell Double Snatch Benefits
- Full body workout
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Increases strength and power in the shoulders, back, and legs
- Enhances grip strength and stability
- Improves coordination and balance
- Burns a high number of calories in a short amount of time
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Kettlebell Double Snatch Muscles Worked