Kettlebell Split Snatch
This exercise involves using a kettlebell to perform a split snatch movement, which involves lifting the kettlebell from the ground to overhead while simultaneously splitting the legs into a lunge position. It is a full-body exercise that targets the legs, core, and shoulders.
Kettlebell Split Snatch Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell in your right hand.
- Take a large step forward with your left foot, keeping your right foot in place.
- Bend your left knee and lower your body into a lunge position, while simultaneously swinging the kettlebell back between your legs.
- As you begin to stand up, use the momentum to swing the kettlebell forward and up, bringing it to shoulder height.
- At the same time, jump up and switch your feet, so that your right foot is now in front and your left foot is behind you.
- As you land, lower your body back into a lunge position, while simultaneously lowering the kettlebell back down between your legs.
- Repeat the movement, alternating sides with each rep.
Kettlebell Split Snatch Form & Visual
Kettlebell Split Snatch Benefits
- Improves explosive power and strength in the legs, hips, and shoulders
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Enhances coordination and balance
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the glutes, quads, hamstrings, shoulders, and core
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Provides a full-body workout in a short amount of time
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
Kettlebell Split Snatch Muscles Worked