Barbell Power Snatch
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from the ground to overhead in one fluid motion, using a wide grip and explosive power from the legs and hips. It is a complex movement that requires proper technique and practice to master.
Barbell Power Snatch Instructions
- Start with the barbell on the ground in front of you, with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Bend down and grip the barbell with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, palms facing down.
- Stand up, keeping your back straight and your arms extended.
- Bend your knees slightly and explosively pull the barbell up towards your chest, keeping it close to your body.
- As the barbell reaches chest height, quickly rotate your elbows underneath the bar and press it overhead, locking out your arms.
- Lower the barbell back down to the starting position, keeping it close to your body and bending your knees slightly to absorb the impact.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Power Snatch Form & Visual
Barbell Power Snatch Benefits
- Improves explosive power and speed
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the shoulders, back, hips, and legs
- Enhances coordination and balance
- Increases flexibility and mobility in the hips and ankles
- Can improve athletic performance in sports such as weightlifting, basketball, and football
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Barbell Power Snatch Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae
Barbell Power Snatch Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Power Snatch
- Kettlebell Power Snatch
- Single Arm Dumbbell Power Snatch
- Hang Power Snatch
- Split Stance Power Snatch