Barbell Muscle Snatch
Barbell Muscle Snatch Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and the barbell on the ground in front of you.
- Grab the barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- With your back straight and your knees slightly bent, lift the barbell off the ground and bring it up to your hips.
- From here, explosively lift the barbell up towards the ceiling, keeping it close to your body.
- As the barbell reaches shoulder height, quickly rotate your elbows underneath the bar and catch it in an overhead position with your arms fully extended.
- Lower the barbell back down to your hips and repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Muscle Snatch Form & Visual
Barbell Muscle Snatch Benefits
- Improves explosive power and speed
- Targets the shoulders, upper back, and traps
- Increases flexibility and mobility in the shoulders and hips
- Helps to develop coordination and balance
- Can be used as a warm-up exercise for Olympic lifts
Barbell Muscle Snatch Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Barbell Muscle Snatch Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Muscle Snatch
- Kettlebell Muscle Snatch
- Single Arm Dumbbell Muscle Snatch
- Hang Muscle Snatch
- Power Snatch
- Hang Power Snatch
- Snatch Grip Deadlift
- Snatch High Pull
- Overhead Squat