Leg Raise Hip Lift
Leg Raise Hip Lift Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a mat or comfortable surface.
- Place your hands by your sides, palms facing down.
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Lift both legs up towards the ceiling, keeping them straight and together.
- Slowly lower your legs back down towards the ground, stopping just before they touch the floor.
- Lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Lower your hips back down to the ground.
- Repeat the leg raise and hip lift movements for the desired number of repetitions.
Leg Raise Hip Lift Form & Visual
Leg Raise Hip Lift Benefits
- Strengthens the lower abdominal muscles
- Improves hip mobility and flexibility
- Helps to stabilize the lower back and improve posture
- Can be done without equipment and in a small space
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Leg Raise Hip Lift Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
- Erector Spinae
Leg Raise Hip Lift Variations & Alternatives
- Leg Raise Hip Lift
- Reverse Crunch
- Flutter Kicks
- Scissor Kicks
- Toe Touches