Side-to-side Toe Touch
This exercise involves standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and then reaching down to touch your toes on one side, then the other side, alternating back and forth. It helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles in your legs, hips, and lower back.
Side-to-side Toe Touch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Take a step to the right with your right foot and simultaneously reach down with your left hand to touch your right foot.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side, taking a step to the left with your left foot and reaching down with your right hand to touch your left foot.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Side-to-side Toe Touch Form & Visual
Side-to-side Toe Touch Benefits
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Improves muscular strength and endurance
- Enhances coordination and balance
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Engages multiple muscle groups, including legs, core, and upper body
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Boosts energy and mood
Side-to-side Toe Touch Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Side-to-side Toe Touch Variations & Alternatives
- Side-to-side heel touch
- Side-to-side knee touch
- Side-to-side ankle touch
- Side-to-side toe tap
- Side-to-side leg swing