Side to Side Leg Swings
Side to Side Leg Swings Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Shift your weight to your left foot and swing your right leg out to the side, keeping it straight.
- Swing your right leg back across your body to the left side, again keeping it straight.
- Repeat the swinging motion for 10-15 repetitions on one side.
- Switch sides and repeat the exercise with your left leg.
Side to Side Leg Swings Form & Visual
Side to Side Leg Swings Benefits
- Strengthens oblique muscles
- Improves core stability
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Improves posture
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Can be done with or without weights for added resistance
Side to Side Leg Swings Muscles Worked
- Abductor muscles
- Adductor muscles
- Gluteus medius muscle
- Quadriceps muscles
- Hamstring muscles
- Calf muscles
Side to Side Leg Swings Variations & Alternatives