Reverse Warrior Pose
This exercise involves standing with one leg forward and the other leg extended behind, while reaching one arm up and over the head and the other arm down towards the back leg. It is a yoga pose that stretches the legs, hips, and torso while also building strength in the legs and core.
Reverse Warrior Pose Instructions
- Begin in Warrior II pose, with your right foot forward and left foot back.
- Turn your left foot in slightly and extend your arms out to the sides, parallel to the floor.
- Lean your torso forward and place your right hand on your right thigh.
- Reach your left arm up and overhead, creating a straight line from your left foot to your left fingertips.
- Keep your gaze up towards your left hand.
- Hold for several breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
Reverse Warrior Pose Form & Visual
Reverse Warrior Pose Benefits
- Strengthens the legs, glutes, and core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, and chest
- Increases flexibility in the hips and hamstrings
- Stimulates digestion and detoxification
- Relieves tension in the lower back
- Calms the mind and reduces stress
Reverse Warrior Pose Muscles Worked
- Back muscles