This exercise involves lying on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the ground. You then lift your hips off the ground and bring your knees towards your chest, engaging your lower abdominal muscles. This movement targets the groin area and can help improve core strength and stability.
Groin Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place a small ball or pillow between your knees.
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Slowly lift your feet off the ground, keeping your knees bent and squeezing the ball or pillow between your knees.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your feet back down to the ground.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions.
Groin Crunch Form & Visual
Groin Crunch Benefits
- Strengthens the hip adductor muscles
- Improves hip stability and balance
- Helps prevent groin injuries
- Can improve athletic performance in sports that require lateral movement and quick changes of direction
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
Groin Crunch Muscles Worked
- Adductor muscles
- Abdominal muscles
- Hip flexor muscles