Spider Crawl Push Up
This exercise involves starting in a push-up position and then crawling forward with your hands and feet while keeping your body low to the ground. Once you have crawled forward a few steps, perform a push-up before continuing to crawl forward. This exercise targets the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core muscles.
Spider Crawl Push Up Instructions
- Start in a push up position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- As you push back up, bring your right knee up towards your right elbow.
- Return your right foot to the starting position and repeat the push up, this time bringing your left knee up towards your left elbow.
- Continue alternating between the spider crawl and push up for the desired number of repetitions.
Spider Crawl Push Up Form & Visual
Spider Crawl Push Up Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including chest, shoulders, triceps, and core
- Improves upper body strength and endurance
- Increases stability and balance
- Engages the entire body for a full-body workout
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Provides a cardiovascular challenge for added calorie burn
Spider Crawl Push Up Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (deltoids)
- Core muscles (abdominals and obliques)
- Back muscles (latissimus dorsi and erector spinae)