Side Push Up
This exercise involves starting in a plank position and then lowering your body to one side while keeping your elbow close to your body. You then push back up to the starting position and repeat on the other side. This exercise targets the chest, triceps, and core muscles.
Side Push Up Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet together.
- Shift your weight onto your left hand and rotate your body to the right, lifting your right arm up towards the ceiling.
- Lower your right arm back down and return to the plank position.
- Repeat on the other side, shifting your weight onto your right hand and rotating your body to the left, lifting your left arm up towards the ceiling.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Side Push Up Form & Visual
Side Push Up Benefits
- Strengthens the arms, chest, and core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the oblique muscles for a toned waistline
- Increases flexibility in the spine and hips
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Side Push Up Muscles Worked