Cable Seated Chest Fly
Cable Seated Chest Fly Instructions
- Adjust the cable machine so that the handles are at chest height.
- Sit on the bench with your back straight and your feet flat on the ground.
- Grasp the handles with your palms facing each other and your arms extended out to the sides.
- Slowly bring the handles together in front of your chest, squeezing your chest muscles as you do so.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly release back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Seated Chest Fly Form & Visual
Cable Seated Chest Fly Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the pectoralis major and minor
- Helps to improve upper body strength and muscle definition
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional chest fly exercises
- Can be easily adjusted to target different areas of the chest by changing the angle of the cables
- Provides a low-impact exercise option for those with shoulder or joint pain
Cable Seated Chest Fly Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis Major
- Anterior Deltoids
- Serratus Anterior
Cable Seated Chest Fly Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Seated Chest Fly
- Machine Seated Chest Fly
- Resistance Band Seated Chest Fly
- Barbell Seated Chest Fly
- Single Arm Seated Chest Fly