Cable Lying Fly
The Cable Lying Fly is an exercise that targets the chest muscles. It involves lying on a bench and using cable pulleys to perform a fly motion, bringing the arms together in front of the chest. This exercise can help to build strength and definition in the chest muscles.
Cable Lying Fly Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a bench or mat with your feet flat on the ground and your knees bent.
- Hold a cable handle in each hand with your arms extended straight up above your chest, palms facing each other.
- Slowly lower your arms out to the sides, keeping a slight bend in your elbows, until your hands are level with your chest.
- Pause for a moment, then slowly bring your arms back up to the starting position, squeezing your chest muscles as you go.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Lying Fly Form & Visual
Cable Lying Fly Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the pectoralis major and minor
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional dumbbell fly exercises
- Provides constant tension throughout the movement, leading to greater muscle activation and growth
- Can be easily adjusted to target different areas of the chest by changing the angle of the cables
- Engages the stabilizer muscles in the shoulders and core, improving overall strength and stability
Cable Lying Fly Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)
Cable Lying Fly Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Standing Fly
- Dumbbell Lying Fly
- Dumbbell Standing Fly
- Machine Lying Fly
- Machine Standing Fly
- Pec Deck Fly
- Resistance Band Lying Fly
- Resistance Band Standing Fly
- Single Arm Cable Fly
- Single Arm Dumbbell Fly
- Single Arm Machine Fly
- Single Arm Resistance Band Fly